A quiche is a savory, open-faced pastry crust dish with a savory custard filling with cheese, meat, fish or vegetables.
- 1 x 9 inch unbaked deep dish pie shell
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Rub softened butter on the inside surface of pie shell.
- Drain spinach; squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Place spinach in pie shell and top with crumbled bacon.
- Whisk together cream, eggs, cheese, salt, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake quiche at 425°F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 325°F and bake for an additional 35 – 40 minutes or until quiche is set.