Bacon makes everything better.
- 5 slices Smoked Uncured Bacon
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 lb.)
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Dash ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Lubricate foil-lined pan with cooking spray (resist the urge to use bacon fat)
- Wrap bacon around the loin (a Bacon Weave is ideal for this application)
- Sprinkle wrapped loin with pepper
- Bake 20 min. (or until cooked to 135ºF)
- Bring remaining ingredients to boil in saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally
- Brush meat with resulting glaze
- Bake 10 min. (or until cooked to 145ºF)
- Cover loosely with foil
- Let stand 5 min. before slicing.