- One pound (1/14 stone) bacon, cut into thirds
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar or to taste
- 1 (14 ounces) of beef cocktail sausages
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165>° C)
- Refrigerate 2/3 of the bacon until needed.
- Wrap each cocktail sausage with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. It is easier to wrap the sausages with cold bacon.
- Place on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle brown sugar generously over the bacon-wrapped sausages.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sugar is bubbly.
- To serve, place the sausages in a slow cooker and keep on the low setting.