- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 pound white beans, soaked overnight
- 1 cup seeded chopped tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1½ quarts chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
- 1½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Drain beans and place in a pot with enough water to cover
- Cook for 2 hours.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and bacon over medium high heat until fat begins to render
- Add onion, carrots and celery and cook 5 minutes.
- Drain beans and add tomatoes, bay leaves, thyme sprigs and stock
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 40 minutes.
- Remove thyme sprigs and bay leaves before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.